Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Rush Concert Rankings

Rush will be playing Pittsburgh on September 16, 2010. I am thrilled to know that for the rest of my life I will be able to say that my first time in the new Pittsburgh Consol Energy Center (to undoubtedly be renamed 5 times during its history) was to see a Rush concert!

Because I have been so busy reading composition papers for the last three weeks, I will simply provide a list and call it a post to the blog. (A cop-out, I know.)

MY FAVORITE RUSH CONCERTS:
Ranking of Rush concerts - based on quality of show - that I have seen...though I recently miscounted. I thought I had seen them 18 times; it has only been 16 events to date. Drat!

1 - Pittsburgh, June 2007 - Snakes & Arrows (Just a great album played to a great tour)
2 - Cleveland, 1989 - Presto (This one cost me a relationship...so worth it.)
3 - Pittsburgh, December 1987 - Hold Your Fire (MY FIRST RUSH SHOW!)
4 - Pittsburgh, June 1992 - Roll the Bones (Man, was it cold for that outdoor night.)
5 - Cleveland, November 2002 - Vapor Trails (Wow, really, what a GREAT comeback!)
6 - Cleveland (2nd night)...1991 (Nov?) - Roll the Bones (Exhausted after 3 shows in 3 nights)
7 - Pittsburgh, Memorial Day, 2004 - Rush 30 (Made me feel old...)
8 - Pittsburgh, August, 2002 -Vapor Trails (Took 2 of my kids to this one - so proud.)
9 - Milwaukee, 1997 - Outdoor show in June - Test for Echo (A surprise summer show)
10 - Atlanta, 1993 - Counterparts (Someone I forget entirely bought this ticket for me.)
11 - Cleveland 1st night, 1991 - Roll the Bones (Rocking Cleveland!)
12 - Pittsburgh, - July 2, 2008 - Snakes & Arrows (First concert where I ran into my students.)
13 - Pittsburgh, 1989 - Presto (Are those giant rabbits?)
14 - Cincinnati, Sep. 2007 - Snakes & Arrows (Great trip...should have gone to Columbus too!)
15 - Pittsburgh, indoor 1991 (Oct?) - Roll the Bones (The only time I ever skipped classes...)
16 - Milwaukee, winter/indoor, 1996 - Test for Echo (First as a married man)

Between now and September 16th, I will rock and I will write.

Until the next post...

1 comment:

  1. It will be awesome to see RUSH perform MOVING PICTURES in it’s entirety. I was able to see Rush 3 times on the original Moving Pictures tour, Max Webster opened for them in Louisville Ky, It was so awesome!! Thanks Ticketwood.com for offering me discounted Rush Tickets . They were using a movie screen behind them that projected really cool images during the show. They were so far ahead of everyone else at the time… and still are.

    ReplyDelete